To All Residents, Staff, Family Members and Visitors
As coronavirus (COVID-19) becomes a worldwide concern, we would like to update you on our efforts to protect all of our residents, staff, family members and visitors. While the New Jersey Department of Health advises that the risk to the general public remains low, healthcare workers and residents are at elevated risk of exposure.
Based on this knowledge the following measures have been implemented:
- Staff education (COVID-19 and infection control: hand washing, transmission-based precautions, etc.)
- Restricting visitors (in extenuating circumstances, e.g. end of life visits, the administrator alone may authorize an exception to the visitation policy). Phone and video calling will be available as means of communication with your loved one, at your or their request.
- Visual alerts: signs and posters at all entrances
- Increase in hand sanitizer stations, hand soap and personal protective equipment
- Frequent disinfecting of common surfaces including railings, elevators, doorknobs, etc.
- Daily contact with the local health department
- Careful screening of new admissions
- Screening of ALL staff (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, recent travel, contact with suspected cases)
If anyone (resident or staff member) presents with fever and acute respiratory illness, without an alternative explanatory diagnosis (such as influenza) and with no known exposure to COVID-19, the local health department will determine whether the individual will be considered “under investigation” for COVID-19.
As more information becomes available, we will continue to communicate with you. We are available to answer any questions and/or concerns. Updates are obtained regularly from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), New Jersey Health Department, and local agencies. It is important that we all continue to keep residents and ourselves as safe as possible.
Please note, a conference call will be scheduled within the week to provide additional information and keep you apprised of any updates.
Morristown Post Acute Administration